Friday, May 22, 2015

The Arrival - a New Poetry Art Doll

While I offer "The Arrival" Poetry Art Dolls as a Made to Order creation, this week I created one that is available now, done in soft earthy colors. Her colors are in burnt orange, terracotta, brown, sage green, and soft pinks. A brilliant deep turquoise butterfly sits on her torso, while small paper flowers and ribbons adorn her skirt. 
She is accompanied with a copy of my original poem that inspired her creation. 


The Arrival



"It took me all of my life to get to this moment...

This moment of surety in my being

This moment of reliance in my capabilities

This moment of loving who I am.


It took me all of my life...

To shed the feeling of inadequacy

To shed the pressure of trying to measure up

To shed the relenting voice that I had to do more to compensate.


It took me all of my life to get to this moment...

This moment of relief

Relief from the thoughts that I had to do for everyone else first

Relief from the oppressive weight that I was responsible for others

And take responsibility for the gentle child that lived within.


It took me all of my life to arrive at this moment..

When instead of being the muse for them, I became the muse for ME

Whispering ideas of inspiration into the many layers of my own soul



It took me all of my life to arrive at this moment..

This moment when I am the cheerleader for myself

When I carry an extraordinary pride of who I am and what I stand for

When I share all the parts of me without fear.


It took me all of my life...

All of my life to arrive at this moment

When my heart and voice have connected and are able to speak a graceful truth...

It took me all of my life to get here...

Right here at This Moment."



 (c) Copyright Jeanne Fry


This particular "Arrival" Poetry Art Doll has been SOLD, but you can have a custom one created just for you. Visit my Indiemade shop to learn more about having an "Arrival" Art Doll for yourself - here:
Custom Made to Order "Arrival" Poetry Art Doll on Indiemade by Jeanne Fry Art


No comments: