Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Artist’s Muse




With winter setting in, grey skies and so much rain, this is the time when I work as much I can on my dolls before the spring shows. The Artist’s Muse was an absolute joy to create. The colors are my favorites. The base of the doll is made of batik in deep purples, fuscia, blues and greens. Such healing, warm, and inspring colors…which led to her being the Muse.
In her embellishments, you will notice a second smaller clay face placed on her abdomen. This is to symbolize the birthing of new creative ideas.
You can find more of a description of her on my website http://www.consciousartstudios.com/WisdomKeepersArtDolls.html






Featured Post

The Arrival a Women's Empowerment Spirit Doll

The Arrival is one of my most popular spirit dolls, inspired from a poem that I wrote some years ago.  The Arrival "I...